The Vermont Studio Center has been offering annual residency awards for translators of international literature into English in collaboration with Zoland Poetry since 2009. These four-week competitive residencies include private studio space in the VSC's Maverick Writing Studios building and the chance to enjoy all the resources of the Center, including the other current fellows in various genres and visiting writers who offer readings, craft talks and individual conferences.
Each fellowship includes:
• a private studio in the new Maverick Writing Studios building,
including a networked printer and wireless Internet access
• two Visiting Writers per month, each of whom gives a reading and a
craft talk and offers optional individual conferences
• access to the Mason House Conference Room & Library
• the opportunity to share work at one of three monthly readings
• publication in a forthcoming Zoland Poetry annual
To apply, visit the Vermont Studio Center website. Although the application instructions currently refer only to poetry submissions, the VSC staff assures me that translators working in all genres are eligible and encouraged to apply.
Application deadline: June 15, 2011.